When you was planning your trip to Vietnam, you was not able to find the first hand information on how to get your visa done. Few articles mentioned it is visa on arrival, few mentioned to go to embassy and the rest talked about the half task to be done before and remaining after the arrival. All in all, you got super confused and kept delaying the visa process. So, your travel was planned, tickets were done, hostels booked, and I was standing a week before my flight for Vietnam takes off and I was still figuring how to get your visa done.
Take either of the below mentioned 2 ways to get your Vietnam Visa:
1/. Apply for a visa to Vietnam online from India:
You visit https://getvisavietnam.com/apply-visa/ and apply for visa and fill in the basic details like:
- Number of visa
- Type of Visa: ( 1 month Single Entry / 3 month Single entry / 1 month Multiple Entry / 3 month Multiple entry)
Processing time: Normal (2 working days) / Urgent (8 working hours) / Super urgent (4 working hours)
- Need Extra Services ( Airport fast track)
- Applicant Details: You should double check the spelling of name, arrival date, passport number and email id as error in this can lead to a void visa approval letter.
After furnishing the details, you review all the details and go ahead with the payment. The payment would range from $13 – $55 depending on the type of visa. As soon as you have verified the details, in the stated processing time , you would get the visa approval letter which will have your details like passport number, name, visa type and other details. We sent for Vietnam Immigration Department to issue one approval letter for you.
After you have received the Visa Approval Letter, keep following documents along with it to be presented at the Vietnam airports for Visa Stamping procedure :
- Original passport (valid at least 6 months beyond date of arrival);
- 02 passport photos of 04 cm x 06 cm or similar size;
- 02 completed Entry/Exit forms (entry exit form-on-arrival)
- Printed Visa Approval Letter with full pages
On reaching either of these airports – Hanoi / Da Nang / Ho Chi Minh City / Phu Quoc / Cam Ranh airport, walk straight to the Visa Stamping counter where they will charge you Visa stamping fee $25 or $50 depending on the type of visa you have applied for. After handing over all the required documents, you will take 15-20 mins for you to receive your vietnam visa stamped passport.
2/. Apply for a Vietnam visa at the Embassy of Vietnam in India.
You can apply Vietnam Visa in person or by mail at the Vietnamese Embassy in New Delhi or Consulate General of Vietnam in Mumbai. The following documents need to be submitted:
- Original Passport (valid 06 months)
- One completed application form for a Vietnam visa
- One passport sized photo of 4×6 cm
- Prepaid self-addressed return envelope
The visa fee which is payable at the embassy would be around $55 to $65 based on the type of Visa. You will receive the Visa stamped passport within a week. Here are the addresses of the Vietnamese Embassy in India.