Do Indian passport holders need a visa to Vietnam?
Indian passport holders are REQUIRED to get a valid visa to Vietnam for either tourist or business purpose. Please check the table below for Vietnam visa requirements:
Indian passport holders or foreigners currently residing in India can choose between getting a visa through the Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam in India or apply online to receive the Official visa approval letter to be stamped at the airport gate.
1- Apply for a Visa at Vietnam embassy:
To apply for a visa at a Vietnamese embassy/consulate in India, you need to:
- Send your original passport with at least 6 months of validity from the departure date and has 2 blank pages for visa stamp (travel document or temporary passport may be declined);
- Fill out the application form (Click here to download);
- Submit 02 passport-sized photos (4cm x 6cm, white background, without glasses );
- Pay visa fees: Orders/checks, or cash (in case you apply at the embassy);
2- Apply for Vietnam e-Visa
Vietnam e-Visa is another way to get Vietnam visa online for people flying from India or any airports that operate flights to Vietnam (Average flight time between India and Vietnam is about 4 hours, 59 minutes).The process consists of 3 simple steps:
- Complete the online e-visa application form and pay the fee.
- Receive result e-Visa via email in 4 -6 working days. Before your boarding, prepare the following documents: Print the enclosed e-visa and prepare both round trip tickets.
- Go to Vietnam airport, show the e-visa at the entry gate (passport control) to enter Vietnam.
Vietnam e-Visa cost for India citizens
1 month single entry125 USD25 USD1 working day
|e-Visa style||Service fee||Government fee||Processing time|
|1 month single entry||30 USD||25 USD||4-6 working days|
|1 month single entry||75 USD||25 USD||2 working days|
(*This price table is for Vietnam e-Visa service. If you apply through the Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam in India, please contact the Embassy directly for visa fees.)
Frequently asked questions
Do India citizens need to apply for a visa to visit Vietnam?
Indian passport holders are REQUIRED to get a valid visa to Vietnam for either tourist or business purpose.
Can I wear glasses to take passport photo?
We are not sure about that. If your photo is denied, you can take your photo again at the airport with the fee of USD 03 – 05 for 1 photo.
Do I need to fill all of my family members in the entry form?
Actually, that part is not necessary. It is okay to pass that part.
What supporting documents do I need to request a 3-month visa?
To obtain a 3 month (single or multiple entry) visa on arrival, please send us your scan of passport information page and confirm us your expected arrival date for further support.
I want to stay in Vietnam for 40 days. How can I apply for 2 month single entry visa?
Kindly note that you can only apply for a 1 month or 3 month (single/multiple) visa.
In this case, we suggest applying for 3 month (single/multiple) visa so that it can cover your itinerary.
Should you need further support, please let us know.
I forget to prepare the photo with me? Can I take photo at the airport?
Yes. You can take passport sized photo at the airport with the fee of $3 to $5 for a photo.
Can Indian use Visa on arrival to enter Vietnam by land or sea?
No. Vietnam visa on arrival is for those traveling to Vietnam by air only. In case you are traveling to Vietnam by land or sea, please apply for the visa at the nearest Vietnam Embassy.